The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, through its Beach Monitoring Program, issued seven water contact advisories Thursday:
- Station 1 — Lakeshore Beach (Bay St. Louis) — near Lakeshore Dr. — the extent is from the Silver Slipper Casino east to Pointset Ave.
- Station 3 — Waveland Beach — the extent is from Oak Blvd. to Favre St.
- Station 4 — Bay St. Louis Beach — the extent is from Box Culvert to Ballantine St.
- Station 6 — Pass Christian Central Beach — the extent is from Henderson Ave. to Heirn Ave.
- Station 7A — Long Beach Beach — the extent is from Oak Gardens to Girard.
- Station 8 — Gulfport West Beach — the extent is from Marie Ave. east to Camp Ave.
- Station 9 — Gulfport Harbor Beach — the extent is from 20th Ave. east to Thornton Ave.
Water samples at these stations show the areas have attained acceptable bacteria levels.